OK, so I reached a new level in stupidity today
I have some mini CDs with home movies on them and I was planning on putting them on my work iMac for backup. I thought.. for sure the CD/DVD slot loader can pull in the mini CD. Macs are supposed to “just work”, right? So I put it in the drive and its stuck. After googling a little, I found comments like “its common sense to not put a mini CD in the iMac” or “YOU ARE AN IDIOT”. There were a few things that people mentioned like rebooting and holding down some key.. or using the disk utility. I could not even get the computer to detect that there was anything in there, so it did not give me the option to eject. So here is my brute force solution:
1. Call the Apple store and listen to them say “ughhhh.. what a moron” under their breath after you explain the problem to them
2. Hang up, because you should have expected he would be a dick
3. Get a regular sized CD and shove it into the drive
4. It will most likely try to mount it, but since the other CD is in there it will fail and push it back out. Wait until it starts coming out. Push the big CD back a little while its coming out to get some leverage on the mini CD and then jerk it out real quick.. the mini should come out behind it.
5. Go to the Apple store and make your way to the pretentious.. I mean “genius” bar. Find the guy with the messy hair, 2 day unshaven beard, tight jeans and the dumbass looking 80s shoes and punch him in the face.
6. If these steps do not work, repeat step #5 just for fun